is this common my 93 se accord is 4 wheel drive, it drives at 60 mph at 3000 rpm? also, the radiotor fan comes on even if driven for a few miles and park the car.

mnheart
25

Asked by mnheart Jul 23, 2007 at 11:49 PM about the 1993 Honda Accord SE

it has 127000 miles, no leaks, fresh trainy fluid,
also how do i adjust the idel oon this car

29,575

2500-3000 RPM sounds about right for 60mph driving. The radiator fan is supposed to come on any time the coolant temperature sensor senses the proper temperature to turn it on. This is also a normal condition. The idle on newer cars can't be adjusted; it is computer-set by the PCM based on data it receives from the various sensors around the engine. If, however, you are having a high idle condition, look to the throttle position sensor or perhaps a leaking vacuum hose as a potential culprit. You might try retrieving stored codes from the engine computer; this will require a shop manual, since the 1993 cars were pre-OBD-II and so a normal diagnostic scanner won't help.