my ford explorer rear hatch wont open, it seems something popped off, it just moves up and down like trying to open but is not connected ttto anything. i cant get the hatch open to take the back panel

dougtaos
0

Asked by dougtaos May 26, 2012 at 12:18 PM about the 2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD

82,475

Sounds like the latch pushrod has come out of its holder. The inside trim panel will need to be removed off the hatch..then pull up or push down on the rod...The hatch will open, you just need someone to help you.