94 Honda Accord

MJK1268
0

Asked by MJK1268 Jul 17, 2013 at 09:07 AM about the 1994 Honda Accord LX

Every now and then the car wouldnt turn over when you tried to start it, if you waited about 5 to 10 minutes later and tried, it would start. Went a long period of time without it doing this.but all of a sudden it did it again. Tried several days to start it without any luck. Tried again this morning 6 days later, but nothing, all lights come on and are not dim. So we pushed started it and it started right up. Got it home, turned it off but wont start again. Is it starter? Ignition problem? Or maybe battery problem?

judge_roy

Sounds like you need a NEW battery if older than five...disassemble and wirebrush the connection from the 1/0 battery cable to the chassis ground...300 cold cranking amps has to get through there and is also shared by the chassis ground and ECU and all things negative terminal...yes a new battery refreshed ground and it's off to the races~

MJK1268
0

It is a new battery, was doing same thing with old battery, so I got a new one and put old one in my vw, the vw doesnt have any problems starting

MJK1268
0

so I guess check connections

judge_roy

specifically the black 1/0 cable (300 amps reqd.) as it attaches to the frame...this is a giant amount of power and they put the teeny-weenie requirements of the ECU on THIS bus~....critical, and actually "welds" itself with every starter use~