passport wont shift out of 4x4

cons
0

Asked by cons Feb 14, 2010 at 09:27 AM about the 1995 Honda Passport 4 Dr EX 4WD SUV

When i try to shift my passport out of 4x4 it will not fully engage.  I makes a noise like putting a baseball card in a bike tire.  I have to put back into 4x4 to get rid of the noice.  What is going on with this?

passport98
10

I had a similar problem. What it was on my truck was the vaccum switch under the driverside of the vehicle was going bad. It's either the electronic switch or one of the hoses attached to the switch has developed a leak and there is not enough vaccum pressure to disengage.

hookybill
30

Thanks for the input that is very helpful.I will check it right away.