i have a 1996 honda accord and it will trun over but want strat sometime i just wait a while then go back and try it's strats right up can some one help me please

t_baby
25

Asked by t_baby Jun 18, 2013 at 02:39 PM about the 1996 Honda Accord LX

judge_roy

yes. Check the "knock off" label on the top of your battery...this date will represent the first charge~ after ten years will not be able to be charged up anymore...degrade 10%/year...yes, the connection from the black cable to the chassis ground needs to be refreshed with a wirebrush....do these things and I predict a happy, fruitful life~

t_baby
25

i dont understand what you are telling me to do judge_roy are you saying clean the top of the battery post

judge_roy

no. the other end of the black cable what connects to the rest of the car...this one should have mojo power thru it~

judge_roy

these darned old things are big and meaty for a reason...will catch fire if something smaller is used to pull over 300 cold cranking amps through to the starter motor...will hardly turn unless this fat ole' cable is used....also the computer uses this chassis ground too....semiconductors get "brown and fuzzy" with unreliable power...this also may cause the ECU to not be operating at it's full potential~

judge_roy

black cable connection to the frame is an important one...as I was saying a wire brush may get through all that rust so an electrical connection will be happy connecting to it.~

judge_roy

Do you understand me now t_baby??

judge_roy

don't use a nailbrush...you must use one wirebrush with knarly teeth to cut through to the steel~ BIG wires, not a brass one you might polish jewelry with~

t_baby
25

the black wire from the battery what is it connected to ? so follow the black wire and clean that end is that what u saying judge_roy

t_baby
25

i can do it for myself i just need to no what to do and get the right understanding be for i do it

judge_roy

you got it kid.~

judge_roy

...think there is a 13mm bolt?....anyways "a bolt" connecting the cable to the frame....a lot of amperage has to get through that place~

t_baby
25

so clean the wiire end and around the frame thats its connected to and that should help ? And if that doesnot work what else do u have for me

judge_roy

that's it....clean power to the ECU (or brain) of your system should make things operate normally...nothing else should be needed~

judge_roy

I can give you a painting~

t_baby
25

thank you will try that