MY 1996 Honda Accord does not start. I have replace spark plug and wires. I had a tune up I had the engine check what is wrong?

janis
25

Asked by janis Jul 25, 2007 at 09:33 AM about the 1996 Honda Accord LX

My 1996 Honda Accord does not start. I replaced all four spark plugs and the car started. I took the car to a mechanic by this time the engine light was on. I ask for a oil change. He attached the car to the computer to see what was wrong with the engine. He removed the valve cover gasket and transmission fuel and oil were under the spark plugs. He replaced another set of spark plugs,replace the spark plug wires and the clean the gasket. He stated that there were no transmission fuel in my oil. The car ran for one day. Now the car does not start at all.  What else could be wrong with this car?  Is there a leak in valve cover gasket? Can this cause a car not to start?

24,915

It sounds like the valve stem seals or perhaps the head gasket is blown, causing the spark plugs to foul out rapidly. The head gasket would cause a loss of compression and no-start, the valve stem seals would likely just foul the plugs with oil and cause no-spark situation. This question might be best taken to another mechanic for a second opinion, since the first one seems to have done nothing to fix the problem for you.