low and mid range torque improvements

silkybill
0

Asked by silkybill Jul 22, 2013 at 08:23 AM about the 1996 Honda Accord EX V6

want to improve low and mid-range torque.  Hae 23/4 exh., cold air intake, performance chip.  Want to consider head work as valve 1mm over and head mil

DavidH25

Get rid of the chip, put OEM back and the low end will go back to where Honda Engineers designed it. Those so called performance chips are a rip off. CAI is great, I hope you don't live in Calif or it will never pass smog.

DavidH25

You have the 2.7 L C27A4 V6? That can be bored out to 93mm. or 3.66" piston to make it a 3.2liter with 290 hp and 224 lb·ft torque. Man, that would be a damn rocket dude.

Best Answer
silkybill
0

The bore out sounds v.interesting! If you know, could I retain the oem throttle body and valves. The oem top end would limit top output(and some low torque), but it would still be some improvement. That would be OK. However, if I would need a valve change, I woiuld be back where I have: no product supplier. I could go overbore and then consider larger throtle body. ?you think?