Is it difficult to swap the transmission of a 1997 Honda Accord? One of the clutches is worn down and I can't afford to pay a mechanic to rebuild. Figured I could buy a transmission online and swap it myself. I'm not mechanically inclined but I think I can get a hold of the tools I need (so long as I don't have to lift the car up. I think my dad has a jack.. I definitely wouldn't be able to remove the engine. What do you think?

kimmandigo
0

Asked by kimmandigo Jan 27, 2013 at 04:16 PM about the 1997 Honda Accord EX

joef
3,215

I don't think it is possible for you to do. You need an engine/transmission jack to life the transmission/engine out fo the car. It is a long and arduous process -- especially for someone who is not mechanically inclined. I know this probably isn't the stuff you want to hear but a transmission swap is a big intermediate job that should be left to fairly experienced mechanics.