my 2.2l honda97,10000km ,it have a problem that engine always stop at 5min from 1st starting.after once,I can drive whole day without anyproblem.pls fix my problem.

zaw
0

Asked by zaw Jul 22, 2007 at 12:17 PM about the 1997 Honda Accord EX

honda 1997,2.2exi ,10000km good condition.
just one problem as followed.
I can start the engine easily in the morning but it always stop within 5minutes,it has been for 15days .
I must wait 10 to 15min then I can restart again and no more problem for whole day.but I must do again for tomorrow.
mechanic could not fix it.they try 3 or 4 days but it is still problem.
please,let me know the answer for this problem.

dvigano
8,195

Hi zaw, It sounds like you may have a problem with the fuel pump or the fuel filter. Check to make sure you are not leaking any fuel anywhere upon startup. Thanks for your patronage at CarGurus.com.

Anonymous
0

thanks for ur response,,,I had already checked fuel pump,fuel tank cleanning,change filter,check fuel injection ,etc.but it is still going on.. I think thant some relay may be problem or engine heat control(Radiator&thermostat )have some problem...but I don,t know exactly..