I have a 1998 honda accord, owned for 1 year with no problem. 2 weeks ago, it stalled while I was driving about 20mph. Replaced general maint parts, it ran fine 1 week, then stalled again today.

elpetrini
10

Asked by elpetrini Mar 30, 2014 at 08:57 PM about the 1998 Honda Accord EX

Replaced all filters have been replaced, new spark plugs, distributor cap, spark plug wires, belts, temp sensor. Ran well for 1 week, died twice again today, both times, I was breaking to slow down.

elpetrini
10

Found my problem. I took my car to the Honda dealership. This was the second dealership that I called. The first one told me it was because of the cheap winter gas. Even though I tried the premium good grade gas, it still stalled again. This car stalled 18 times in just 6 weeks, mostly when it was hot outside. I called a second dealership and got a different answer. I was told it was my ignition switch. It did end up being my ignition switch. Even though the ignition switch was a recall item, it apparently was another part of the switch that went out. Been driving my car for 3 weeks now, has not died once. Have had my AC on full blast and driving in 90 degree whether. I'm once again a happy Honda owner. It pays to check around dealerships and don't listen to just one. By the way, the cost was approx. $325.