why would a fan belt keep slipping off of a 99 honda passport

ctallwhiteman
0

Asked by ctallwhiteman Oct 16, 2013 at 01:51 PM about the 1999 Honda Passport 4 Dr LX 4WD SUV

fan belt keeps slipping off after running engine for a few seconds then engine stops

68,065

The tensioner is no longer working correctly, the belt is worn, a pulley is broken or all of the above.

Best Answer
ctallwhiteman
0

the tensioner pulley doesnt wiggle but the powersteering one does car ran out of oil completley then rip fan belt not in half but two thread lines off why does car shut off

68,065

Because without your belt turning the alternator and other accessories, it will shut off. Also when you say car ran out of oil, do you mean the power steering pump or the engine oil. If engine oil all leaked out, your motor will seize and stop. Is that what you are saying?