taillights wont dim brake lamp light

jaydubbsjwj
0

Asked by Jan 16, 2013 at 05:18 PM about the 1999 Honda Accord LX

I got q Honda accord lx 99. I recently installed aftermarket tailights and a OEM spolier. Well I couldn't get the brake lamp light to go off so I
straight wired it thinking it wasn't getting power. Now the lights won't dim when I hit the brake
The lights on the spoiler do but not the tailights. How can I get the brake lamp light to go off and how can I get the lights to dim.

DavidH25

This question is a whopper of a thing to understand..?!? If you did a bunch of re wiring what I would do is take it apart, follow any instructions that came with the aftermarket kit, and start over

DavidH25

I don't even get what it's supposed to do...dim taillights? You straight wired something? I hope you used lots of fuses

77,625

I think when he says "go off" he actually means they would not turn on.... then he hooked them up to battery power. Now they won't dim when he presses the brake pedal like the lights on the spoiler do.

DavidH25

Gotcha. Makes sense tenspeed. Sounds like a lot of money and trouble for a spoiler, but I'm OLD...

jaydubbsjwj
0

I straight wired the tail lights because the brake lamp light was on and I thought it was a bad connection because the clips weren't sitting in the OEM light clips snug. Now my lights won't dim when the lights are on. And the won't flash braking when then lights are off. It didn't come with instructions.....:(

3,265

are they LED taillights?

jaydubbsjwj
0

Yes

3,265

do you happen to have a picture of the tail lights? or any information?

jaydubbsjwj
0

Do you have a email? I can't post pics on here mobile for some odd reason.

3,265

what about a link?

3,265

ok so here is what i think is going on with your tail lights...LED lights require less voltage/power to turn on. that being said when you step on your brake pedal there is a specific voltage that is sent to the tail light through a relay or a switch. because the LEDs require less voltage the switch or relay may not work or it will but very faint..i would suggest as a test to put the stock tail light assembly back in and see if the brake lights work correctly...(which they should) i would also suggest testing the LED assembly when it is darker out because they may be working but it may be dim and you can not see it during the day

jaydubbsjwj
0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ 160891560452? ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p 3984.m1497.l2649

jaydubbsjwj
0

I have already clipped the OEM clips on the accord and the clips on the aftermarket lights. I straight wired it. Do u think I should get a stronger relay fuse?