I have a 99 Honda Accord V6 3.0 Coupe, I bought it brand new, in 99. I press the gas but car will not go and is just reving then won't change gears. What could it be?

Akiser78
0

Asked by Akiser78 Oct 19, 2013 at 07:46 PM about the 1999 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe

My car seems to only have this issue in the cooler months and has gotten worse since last winter. It was totally fine from May to September. I just had the transmission flushed and new fluid added last month. I press the gas and the car will not move but then gradually starts rolling slowly but will rev when it's supposed to change in to 2nd gear and so on. It gets a little better after driving a distance. What could this problem be? My D4 light is out so I haven't gotten a warning letting me know my transmission is problematic. I have to let the car slow down to a complete stop then try to press the gas again to get it going, in hopes that it will start changing gears.

Fordtudor37
3,585

You either don't have enough fluid in the transmission, so check the level when the car is hot and sitting in PARK on a level surface. If it is fluid level full, I would ask when the last time was you changed the transmission fluid and filter ? Start by changing the trans fluid and filter and if you still have the problem, schedule a transmission service soon.