car radio and lighter not working

emilyimaginative
0

Asked by emilyimaginative Jun 22, 2011 at 01:18 PM about the 2001 Honda Odyssey LX

when I charge my cell phone use the car lighter , suddenly the lighter charge not working and also the radio stop working, and I smell something burn, Please help

1,775

sounds like the cell phone charger is shorting out in the car lighter. what kind of cell phone charger is it? and is there another 12v outlet in the car? this way you can rule out the cell phone charger. As far as the radio not working, a lot of the time the car lighter and radio are on the same circuit so when you short out the car lighter the radio will go out. if there is an owners manual check the fuse for the radio/ car lighter and see if the correct fuse is being used

Dannyboy3D
50

I HAD THE SAME ISSUE--HERE'S THE FIX... 1) The Car Charger IS CAUSING the shortage--throw it away. 2) Check the 15 Amp "ACC" fuse and NOT the 10 Amp "RADIO" fuse (on the passenger side under the dash, fuse #9 I think) If it's burned it (and I bet it will be), get a replacement fuse. Usually a replacement is already sitting inside of the Fuse Box under the hood. If not, go to an auto parts store...they're like $3.50 for a 5-pack of fuses.