Accord 2001 transmission issue

aminaya
5

Asked by aminaya Sep 30, 2010 at 09:28 PM about the 2001 Honda Accord EX

Hello, My car is a Honda Accord 2001 EX v4, with an automatic transmission.

When I start the car and put the transmission in D I get a jerk, when I start driving
the others shifts are pretty good unless i have to stop quickly, then a get a jerk
again ,the problem appears to be worse if I have a hi electrical demand (lights, A/C,
etc.) then  the problem disappears after 15 or 20 mins of driving, and everything
works perfectly until the next cold start.

should I look for a new transmission?

Adam Slaughter
405

check with your honda dealer cause i think those did have trans issues

Carrol Preble
45

Check the battery, the cca, i know it sounds funny. but if there is not a sufficient current supply to everywhere, then it will run like crap, injection jumpy, cold, slow, things like that. and the leads to the trans, make sure there getting power Maybe

mdladynow
20

There was a transmission recall on 2001 Accords. Did you get notification from Honda? I had mind replaced at no charge.

Samuel Nadeau
175

well 1s off it's not a v4...it's a I4 and yes 976-03 accords had crap auto trans.... Now for your question.. if your "d4" light is not flashing everything is prob. fine..honda auto trans to start with. but ppl tend NOT to change the trans fluid like they should. Big NO NO...you trans fluid is just as important as engine oil. Sounds like you need to do a drain and fill....NOT A POWER FLUSH...drain and fill only