planning to buy 2002 honda accord at 920000 miles . Worried about transmission problem and timing belt in this car . Shall I proceed .Please someone guide me

meena
0

Asked by meena May 14, 2013 at 01:37 PM about the 2002 Honda Accord SE

2002 Honda accord used car
miles - 920000
Worried about transmission and timing belt .
Drove the seems to be too good .

operator_13

a million miles...crikey, put it in a museum for famous Hondas and buy yourself a fresh one...would be my advise~

operator_13

timing belts can be expected to croak at 80,000 miles, you've got an "interference" engine so if it looses a few teeth or snaps, the motor will be kaput....you've been skating on thin ice for a long time....must be a- pamperin' this buggy till everyone on the freeway has passed you~

operator_13

My taxicab 'ole yellow cab 96 was a chevy Impala with over 500,000 miles on it..taxi duty layed waste to systems that we take for granted, for example the brake pedal would move from side to side...a marshmallowy experience of driving...also the steering wheel bushing was worn so you could move the whole steeriing wheel any direction about 3/16 of an inch~ yeah unexpected things wear out too, just as expected things do~