has there been a recall on the peeling clear coat?

bobbe
0

Asked by bobbe Sep 08, 2013 at 08:32 PM about the 2002 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe

I purchased a 2002 Honda Accord this week and like it but the clear coat is peeling on the roof and some on the hood and trunk.  Has there been any recalls on this problem?

Fordtudor37
3,235

It is very rare for an auto manufacturer to create a recall due to paint clear coat, not saying it has not been done. Being that your car is over 10 years old and that fact that clear coat comes up over time when a car is left out in the sun for many years, I truly feel any "re-coating" of the clear coat most certainly will be coming out of your pocket.

Jpete18295
0

My clear coat started coming off at 10000 miles. I was told it was not the dealers fault and they would not fix it. Now 10 years later I drive a sante fe and tell everyone not to buy one and what happened to me.