Why has DRIVE indicator light gone out

wwally
10

Asked by wwally Jul 24, 2013 at 05:52 PM about the 2003 Honda Odyssey EX

D lamp on transmission is out

tommcmanis
2,805

In the back of the guages there are five bulbs drive is most used and first to burn out. Cluster removal is required to repair it. I do not recommed this repair to a beginner lots of hidden screws,small electrical connections that can be missed or broken

Best Answer
judge_roy

I'd check the ground 1/0 connection to the frame...wirebrush this one to establish adequate ground and reset your computer all in one effort~...also get a NEW battery if older than five years~

judge_roy

no one likes 'brownout' power~...it's all I'm saying....if you were to put a multimeter on the the console it might read less than the 12.5 volts that it needs to shine brightly~

Jedidiah Rider
135

I have seen this on plenty of that style of instrument cluster, so don't worry, it is not just you. That bulb is a hard wired bulb, and unless you have a very steady hand and are good with a solder iron, replace the cluster. Write down your VIN number, Mileage, and go to a parts store that can send it out to be repaired. Here in Missouri, I use Napa.

wwally
10

Thanks for all the help. I think it will stay burned out for a while.