rear window defogger? no power at window-continuity across window-power to fuse

jl1167
0

Asked by jl1167 Feb 03, 2013 at 11:16 AM about the 2003 Honda Civic EX

45,735

There is a relay and time delay circuitry associated with rear window defrosters. Check the relay which might be near the fuse you checked.

jl1167
0

I see no relays associatied with the r-w defroster. Just a 30 amp fuse and checks ok.Tested with a meter not by eye. Anything else you can think of?

DavidH25

There is a relay, or solenoid, It draws too much amperage to run it through the switch

DavidH25

1

jl1167
0

I did find a relay in the under hood box that is clicking with the switch on and off, is there way I can jump from one pole to another to hot the window at that relay. I see no numbers for definition of circuits like I am use to with Bosch relays.

DavidH25

Yeah, you can test it that way but don't drive around with it jumped you could fry the whole thing to the point of an electrical fire

jl1167
0

My test didn't work but I think that relay has to be it. Too cold in the garage to work more 16 degrees. The inside fuse box does not show a relay for the r-w defogger. The only thing left is to buy the relay and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

45,735

Honda might use the same type of relay in several circuits. You might be able to swap relays to see if it's your problem before buying another.