Power Windows and locks stop working after I found a penny in the cigarette power socket.

Ronniepangelinan
15

Asked by Ronniepangelinan Dec 22, 2012 at 09:26 PM about the 2004 Honda Accord LX

Windows dont move just make a clicking sound, locks only work if the car is running, checked all fuses from the hood the kick panel and the inline fuse to the alarm box which reminds me that the alarm doesnt respond to the key transmitter have to manuel lock and unlock with key.

108,765

If you found a penny in the power socket, 9 times out of 10 the penny arc'd and tripped the fuse that the cigarette lighter in on. It must also control your windows and locks. Find the correct fuse that blew and replace.

Ronniepangelinan
15

Thanks but Ive checked all of the fuses again and they are all good checked everyone of them with a meter still getting signal cross the fuses meaning they are good.

2,435

does the driver side window work?

Ronniepangelinan
15

No it doesnt all other windows just make the clicking sound but dont move and sound from the drivers window and locks dont work

vasilaki
0

does your cigarette lighter still working?

Ronniepangelinan
15

Cigarette lighter has no power and all the fuess under the hood and kick panel and inline fuses to the alarm box are good

2,435

well if your 12v power source isn't working you must have missed a fuse somewhere

drnour
115

Sorry for late reply. My son just shorted mine out. Not one but 3 fuses blew. First was a yellow 10amp found above footbrake on left. Other 2 were a yellow 10amp and a blue 15 amp on the passenger side footwell panel. After changing all 3 everything is fine.

drnour
115

The ones above footbreak are not easy to see, you have to crouch and look up, oddly there is no cover over them and I see no mention of that panel in owners manual. It is there though

brookee1986
30

the passenger door only locks if I lock it by hand it will not lock r unlocked from tha key pad r if I use tha lock bottom from tha inside..wat could b tha problem?

deeve
10

I have a similar problem with my Honda Accord, Were you able to resolve this problem

Alberto Martinez
0

Hi there, I have the same issue, did you find a fix for this?