2004 Honda Accord LX maintenance required light blinks 10 times

Viggee
0

Asked by Viggee Jul 24, 2007 at 12:19 PM about the 2004 Honda Accord LX

I recenty purchased a Certified 2004 Honda Accord LX from a dealer. In the recent days the maintenance required light starts blinking when I insert the ignition key. After 10 blinks, the light goes off. Pls. let me know the reason why the indicator blinks.

I remember the dealer telling the car is completely serviced before its delivered to me. So, I'm not sure why it is bliking.

17,645

The good news its the maintenance required light, not the check engine light. Usually when the maintenance light comes on it's because some kind of scheduled maintenance is required soon (your cars computers keeps track of oil changes and similar maintenance). I would take it back to the deal and have them check to see what the issue is. Also, Autozones will run a diagnostic check for free, which means they will hook the car up to a computer and tell you what code is being returned. It will tell you exactly what is wrong. Best of luck. I'm sure nothing is wrong, they are very reliable cars!

Michael King
85

if you press and hold the trip odometer button for 30 seconds that will reset the service engine soon button.... its set to go off roughly every 7000 miles if your mechanic resets it you'll never see it go off again

shilyjay
10

pls how do i clear off abs light from the dash board

grey023
5

Check to make sure all abs cables are well connected