2004 honda accord, one of the two map lights will not come on when the door is opened, but will come on if the plastic cover is pushed

12310
0

Asked by 12310 Oct 24, 2013 at 05:33 PM about the 2004 Honda Accord EX

as noted above the diver side does not work when the door is opened but the
passenger side will work properly

ayva2012
25

The sensor attached to the car is probably stuck. it should be below towards the lower part of the door opening where the door rests on when it closes.its a small black rubber inside the rubber is a sensor.

12310
0

additional information on the light problem…….when i operate the sensor by hand on the driver side the same thing happens. only the passenger side light works properly but the drivers side never works when the drivers side or passenger side doors are opened.