Changing brake light on 2004 Honda Coupe

Treetop
10

Asked by Treetop Oct 16, 2007 at 11:28 AM about the 2004 Honda Accord EX

How do I change the brake light on a 2004 Honda Coupe?

23,645

The 3rd brake light, or the regular brake light in the taillight cluster? Many of the new third brake lights are LEDs, so you have to change out the whole unit. The taillight brake light can be changed by removing the taillight bolts from behind and popping the taillight unit out so you can access the sockets. You may have to pull back some of the trunk lining to access these.

Treetop
10

Littlehorn, Thank you very much, Treetop

ttastrom
20

Just a heads up, you don't have to pull the whole taillight housing. You can access the three lights from the access panel behind the light. Pull off the wiring harness of your desired light, twist the assembly 90 degrees, and it will pop out. It makes it easier if you twist off the knob that holds the trunk lining to the frame of the car.