Window won't work

Beca142
0

Asked by Beca142 May 06, 2013 at 09:05 PM about the 2004 Honda Accord LX Coupe

Hi,I have an Honda Accord coupe 2004

The power windows just won't work. The Driver's window works fine. The other one just
click and do nothing, it not work from the driver door or the actual door. If i put the
window lock on, I hear no click. With the lock off, i hear the click but no movement. no
motor sound or anything, just a click.
When I use the remote to roll the windows down, only the driver window goes down, the
other one don't move.

Racer_X
15,545

I had the same problem with my Volvo S40...The passenger side window would roll down sometimes with the push button on the driver door...and sometimes it wouldn't. Turned out to be a fuse that needed replacing...try to look there 1st.

judge_roy

relay box..

Racer_X
15,545

Rut Roh...Here comes da Judge!!

judge_roy

I hear a click...which would not happen if the fuse were blown...no, speed's helpful secret brother?

Racer_X
15,545

Rex Racer here (International Man of Mystery)....No doubt that you're correct as far as the relay vs. the fuse being the issue in the OP's Accord.

judge_roy

same dog voice as Rast-Roh?

judge_roy

Now what caused this relay to overlord? kid playin' with the switches..makin' it go up...hehe...down ....hehehe...up....hehehe...down...hehehe...mommmy! window don't work~

2,445

you need a new power window switch the one on the driver side door..i have an 07 accord with the same problem...its $130 for a new switch for an 07 accord...not sure how much yous will be...

Trebor66
745

Now guys back up,,,,, If you here a click in the door I would say it ma not be electrical.You need to pull the door panel off and see if the motor is lock up.Take a test light and check for power at the motor when button is pushed.If no power start looking for cause.If you have power replace window motor.

judge_roy

Soar! electrons and defeat your obstructors...a little WD-40 can be cleaned off with "fantastic"~

Jeff Gauthier
50

3 out of 4 windows just click but don't move. I don't think it is a motor or fuse. Could someone with working windows tell me this. If the child lock is engaged, do you still hear a click when you try to lower or raise a non driver window??

Jhcombs
10

Did you ever figure out what the problem was?? My window would click sometimes and lower sometimes. Then finally it just stopped working and only clicks now.