2005 accord drivers door lock not working

dhbh
60

Asked by dhbh Sep 13, 2013 at 01:26 PM about the 2005 Honda Accord EX

I have a 2005 honda accord and the drivers side door lock would not work either with
the remote or pressing the switch on the door itself. the other door locks worked fine. I
replaced the acuator on the front drivers door and it fixed it for about 10 minutes then
stopped working. The question is now the door is closed in locked position and I
cannot get the door opened even by trying to manually pull up on the lock, it won't
budge. Do you think the new acuator is defective or other problems. thx

68,615

I would double check the installation of new actuator. Try placing key in door lock to unlock it so you can get it back open.

dhbh
60

the problem is the key does not work either. I believe the tumblers or something else might be bad. The key did not work before i replaced the acuator. Another question, how do I now get the door open when it is locked, I was able to lift and see down in where the acuator is. Is there a spot on the acuator or latch that I can bypass the electronic lock and manually unlock the door to get it open, thx.

68,615

If you can't move the seat back far enough to partially remove the door panel to access the lock mech you might have to have a lock smith use a slim Jim to unlock your door.

Dagmeister
20

If the key won't open the drivers side door you can open the trunk. Directly beneath the keyhole (inside the trunk) that you would normally use to unlock the back rest on the rear seat is a latch you can pull. When you pull the latch it will drop the back rest of the seat down so you can crawl in and unlock the car and get in. Not sure why the key won't open the door from the outside.