I have a v6 mustang what can i do so i can get more HP or did u think that would be better to get a v8

Juan Negreros
0

Asked by Juan Apr 25, 2013 at 02:54 AM about the 2001 Ford Mustang Base

68,135

You can do some mods, like exhaust and a super charger, but if you are looking to go fast cheap, then a V8 is what you want.

Juan Negreros
0

what is better short or long headers? if i sell my car it has rebuilt tittle how much did u think they give me?

scttyc
235

What year? I had a v6 I put an exhaust and intake on it. Gave me probably 30-40 horsepower. The biggest change would be to change your rear end gears.Big. difference I heard.I never got to do it to mine because I totaled it and got a cobra. I wouldn't put a supercharger on the v6. For that price I would just swop engines to v8

Christopher Hefner
45

you would have to change alot more then the engine your best bet is to sell it and get in mustang with a v8. your looking at engine, trans, computers mountes and brakes it is not worth it. i have been there and done it you usally end up like 3g behind.

scttyc
235

Oh yeah 2 more important facts. A v8 will eat up more gas and your insurance will go up. It all depends on how fast you want.Do you want off the line or top speed.some things to consider. My old 2002 v6 would keep up with stock gts. They had more torque but I was hanging with them. Now its a different story, I have my cobra ( which is for sale pretty cheap)low miles ,everything from complete air cond. Heater core,radiator,brakes,tires,a lot of money I put in. Inside is perfect,custom hood,lowered,rims.and selling it cheap.need to get a suv my little girl is getting older and I need more room for her.

James Chin
95

If getting a V8 or engine swap is out of the question due to cost, I'd say adding exhaust components (cold air intake, throttle body, shorty headers which are 50 state street legal as opposed to full-length, and full dual exhaust) is a good start for low cost. Also, rear end gears and underdrive pulleys are cheap mods that make a good impact on v6 power.