I have a v6 mustang what can i do so i can get more HP or did u think that would be better to get a v8

Juan Negreros
0

Asked by Apr 25, 2013 at 02:54 AM about the 2001 Ford Mustang Base

166,665

You can do some mods, like exhaust and a super charger, but if you are looking to go fast cheap, then a V8 is what you want.

Juan Negreros
0

what is better short or long headers? if i sell my car it has rebuilt tittle how much did u think they give me?

scttyc
345

What year? I had a v6 I put an exhaust and intake on it. Gave me probably 30-40 horsepower. The biggest change would be to change your rear end gears.Big. difference I heard.I never got to do it to mine because I totaled it and got a cobra. I wouldn't put a supercharger on the v6. For that price I would just swop engines to v8

Christopher Hefner
75

you would have to change alot more then the engine your best bet is to sell it and get in mustang with a v8. your looking at engine, trans, computers mountes and brakes it is not worth it. i have been there and done it you usally end up like 3g behind.

scttyc
345

Oh yeah 2 more important facts. A v8 will eat up more gas and your insurance will go up. It all depends on how fast you want.Do you want off the line or top speed.some things to consider. My old 2002 v6 would keep up with stock gts. They had more torque but I was hanging with them. Now its a different story, I have my cobra ( which is for sale pretty cheap)low miles ,everything from complete air cond. Heater core,radiator,brakes,tires,a lot of money I put in. Inside is perfect,custom hood,lowered,rims.and selling it cheap.need to get a suv my little girl is getting older and I need more room for her.

James Chin
245

If getting a V8 or engine swap is out of the question due to cost, I'd say adding exhaust components (cold air intake, throttle body, shorty headers which are 50 state street legal as opposed to full-length, and full dual exhaust) is a good start for low cost. Also, rear end gears and underdrive pulleys are cheap mods that make a good impact on v6 power.

UTIbound016
10

I already got a cold air intake and flow master exhaust what should i need?

Cary Smith
20

My v6 does 12.60 in the 1/4 mile pro charger 475 hp you can make it go faster mines mild and stock car its nice to beat a v8 and it sounds close to a v8 becuz of what i did my exhuast.

cobalt95
0

@Cary. Did you have your V6 put on a dyno? Just curious as to what HP I'm making. '07 V6, Xcharger Xtreme supercharger which includes the CAI and intercooler, Kooks long tube headers, Borla dual exhaust, BAMA tuned running 93 octane, 3.73 gears, racing flywheel and driveshaft, stage 2 clutch. Only thing missing that won't be for long is the LSD.

Cary Smith
20

No i have not did a dyno yet but more is being added on every wk

Cary Smith
20

How did your gas milage change doing the 373 gear? Stock i got 31.5 mpg super charged about the same as long as you keep your foot out of it

09mustang401
20

I have a v6 with mods my next mod is hellions twin turbo. V6 mustangs are great cars even for performance. V8 stands are nice to but i am happy with what i have. When people start installing mods its endless with any carmaker i have been hated on for moddng a v6 i saw a youtube clip of a gtr and a v6 mustang with mods running and the mustang won back to back. So when people tell me i should buy a gt for more performance i tell them why settle there why dont you get a saleen.roush.boss.gt500 or a rocket maybe even a equus bass stang. Trust me the v6 has so much potential and long tube headers over short are better and upgrading gear ratios on any car weather auto or manual will make a big difference depending if your racing dragging or street driving.

kcollins96
0

how should I upgrade gear ratios?

Full_of_Regrets
22,885

The most cost effective mod will be to sell the car and buy a V8. $5,000 in V6 mods won't be able to touch a V8!

09mustang401
20

Honestly if you want a v6 and mod it well there is a lot of mods and v6 stangs that beat v8 after modifications v8 are nice to have but as soon as you modify a v8 then you can ask yourself o why didn't i buy a boss or a SALEEN or roush even a gt500 its a never ending process so if you really want mod a v6 or v8 then get what ever you want and mod it.