4x4 Problems

John176
35

Asked by John176 Dec 05, 2007 at 09:25 PM about the 1994 GMC Sonoma 2 Dr SLS 4WD Extended Cab SB

Driving in the snow the other day and I went to put it in 4x4 but it did not engage. Indicator lights were not lit on any selection as well (2hi, 4hi, 4lo). Pulled fuse to check for problems and didn't see any apparent problem and replaced. 2hi light came back on but still will not engage 4hi or 4lo. What should be the recommended process to check for problems? Thanks for your help.

John J

papa

take out battery,and battery tray.will see a cable going to acuator check for crack,s or torn rubber,if so replace acuator,ps dealer item only.these 4x4 work by cable.

John176
35

Thanks, I will see what happens.

skatergirl2011
30

I tryed that on my step dads truck and that was not the problem and I have no other idea of what could be wrong. And I am starting to think it's the transfor case

Dylan McCrea
315

It could be a bad ecoder/shift motor. If its not the accuator... Or the switch on top of the transfer case.

skatergirl2011
30

I just text my mother to let her know about that tip I am hoping that it will help fix this problem cause he needs his trucks 4x4 for his job and it's been out for 6 months