WHY WONT MY RADIO, DOOR LOCKS, AND DOME LIGHTS WORK

derenzo1
15

Asked by derenzo1 Sep 08, 2010 at 12:25 PM about the 2001 Ford Escape XLT

Out of the clear blue my radio does not power up, my door locks will not respond to the remote and my door and cargo dome lights have no power to them?  Anyone had the same problem?

dcoomer
80

I am having the exact same problem on my 2002 escape, however, this happened after it sat for a long time and I had to change the battery. No Radio, No DOME light, Power locks will only work with the key in the on position. Anyone have a solution for this problem?

papa

commom problem with the escape,this vehicle is as bad as the explorer was.for the proper fix,take it to a ford dealer.i think their was a recall on this.worth a try,if im right and it was it will cost you nothing for them to fix it.even if you not the original owner.

seansaccount101
80

I'm sorry I don't really have an answer but I AM having this problem...did you ever get it fixed or find a solution? please contact me at toughtoremember@charter.net if you have any info...it would be much appreciated. Thanks, Sean

seansaccount101
80

I looked up '01 Escape recalls and this wasn't listed...i DREAD taking it to the dealership...for obvious reasons...any other suggestions?

escape02nb
195

I had the same problem with my 03 Escape. It ended up being a fuse in the truck that had blown. I brought into the dealer and had them figure it out. I was told that one of the GEM units had blown a fuse. It cost me $10 to have them do it. I even had them cut and program a new key and oil change and it was a little over $100 for everything. Its not a big issue as everyone is saying. Just bring it into FORD and they can fix it for almost nothing. Its FUSE # 27. Just an FYI

seansaccount101
80

It's the 'room' fuse...after tons of research I found out that there is a small fuse (almost hidden) in the inside kick panel fuse box...it in the bottom right corner...it's hard to see if you just glance at it...it cost me $3.57 and it fixed all problems.

Ryan Masilionis
10

Yep. GEM #27 was the culprit for me.

tavis0912
0

I am having the same issue with my 2003 Ford expedition and the radio is not working and the power windows do not work also I continuously here a clicking sound that sounds like the door are locking or unlocking but it is not actually locking or unlocking would replacing the fuse fix my issues

Ace6767
0

im having the Power Door PWD switch on my 2002 Ford Escape not working i went looking in the fuse box closest one ive found to it was ok #6 fuse left hand side down is their something im missing