1998 gmc sonoma driving home no problem look at the oil gauge and it drops to zero. Truck shuts off and will not start. Has plenty of oil and all other gauges work. Solution?

Pha1974
0

Asked by Pha1974 Aug 29, 2014 at 02:55 AM about the 1998 GMC Sonoma 2 Dr SL Standard Cab SB

BoholMark
21,895

One of two things come to mind. Oil pump failed or the oil presure sending unit failed and is sending a message to the cars computer that there is no or low pressure and the engine is in danger. So it shut it off to prevent it from blowing up.