corvette won't start,even after jumping, and noise if take out key

darlenev
0

Asked by Jul 08, 2013 at 08:27 AM about the 2000 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

key left in ignition after 2 hrs heard noise under hood. Turned key ,dead. Opened hood light flashing and noise. had it jumped, nothing. neighbor put it on all night,said it was all charged.turned key nothing. took key out and noise came again. had to put key back in to stop noise.  this morning took key out again ,noise now coming from inside under passenger side mat.  my question do I need a new battery or is it something else and I will have to have it towed?? please answer in layman terms I am a female, and yes it is my car.

jamnblues
16,325

Wow- that is a really nice car- and very sophisticated, mechanically- don't be messin' around under the hood- you'll just make more problems- put it on a flatbed tow truck and take it to your Chevy dealer for repairs or to a really good garage that works on classic and exotic cars- and my answer would be the same to the guys

darlenev
0

Thanks. Called a couple of members from my club they bought agreed with you. I asked a third party and said to buy a new battery and if didn't work than put in the old one and call my car dealership. So I bought one and he put it in and couldn't believe it, turned the key and music to my ears that beautiful sound. $$$$ was in my mind all day never thought one dead battery could make all that sound. Thanks again for your suggestion though.