since I have gotten my 1991 Geo Metro I have only been able to fill 8 gallons out of the 10 that I should be able to fill it up with, is there anything I can do to clean my gas tank?

geodriver
25

Asked by geodriver Apr 20, 2012 at 06:41 PM about the 1991 Geo Metro 4 Dr LSi Hatchback

fuel

aztec626bf
7,425

How are you determining that the tank is empty. If you are going by the light, that would be about right that you have 2 gallons left when light comes on. You would have to run the car out of gas to get 10 gallons into it. This is not a good idea however.

geodriver
25

well there is no light indicator I just have the arrow and i drove the car once till the arrow was at the far edge of E.... and I still only got 8.56 gallons out of it

aztec626bf
7,425

That seems about right because you should have a 10 gallon tank and about 11.2 max.

Simas Laurinavicius
225

Sounds fine to me too