We have a 1991 Geo Metro convertible that needs the window rubber replaced. I can't find anyone who sells it. Any suggestions?

1991geogirl
0

Asked by Feb 21, 2011 at 05:18 PM about the 1991 Geo Metro 2 Dr LSi Convertible

need to find replacement window rubber for both doors.

Jon Keachie
1,325

Try calling a automotive glass shop like "Apple" or "Standard auto glass" any company that deals with windshields ect..some of them offer a universal seal that may work for your metro, best thing to do is bring the car to them to have a look at the style if the vehicle is not drivable take one of the seals with you to match it up with something. Good luck

1991geogirl
0

thanks Jon-we've called shops like that and they tell us that they can't get what we need. But we'll keep trying!

mettroll
5

greetings jc whittney has a lot of different seal types in there catolog a chev,dealer/body shop may be helpfull in selecting the right type out of the catolog. or call & talk to there staff.

metromate
0

Ain't this a great little car? I have a '92 that I have almost completely re-done, top to bottom, soup to nuts including some engine mod's to give it a bit more squeal at the top end. Only has 83k miles, always ran well. I am an ex-pat Brit that ralleyed a Cooper S so I have always had an eye for the small engined machines. I say it's a Geo thing - even I don't understand !........................... (apologies to Jeep, of course!)

Dan Bussiere
25

You should probably contact your nearest Suzuki dealership because they were the first to create that car as a Swift and they usually have good chances of finding the parts you need no matter how old they are.

cafedelmar
10

Try Rock Auto, they have all kinds of supplies for older cars. I have 2 1993 Metro Conv. one in Delaware and one in San Diego, California...What a great car!!!

Tim Tyson
0

I also am looking for the rubber for both doors for a 91 Geo Metro convertible. Has anybody found these yet?