We have a 1991 Geo Metro convertible that needs the window rubber replaced. I can't find anyone who sells it. Any suggestions?

1991geogirl
0

Asked by 1991geogirl Feb 21, 2011 at 05:18 PM about the 1991 Geo Metro 2 Dr LSi Convertible

need to find replacement window rubber for both doors.

Jon Keachie
835

Try calling a automotive glass shop like "Apple" or "Standard auto glass" any company that deals with windshields ect..some of them offer a universal seal that may work for your metro, best thing to do is bring the car to them to have a look at the style if the vehicle is not drivable take one of the seals with you to match it up with something. Good luck

1991geogirl
0

thanks Jon-we've called shops like that and they tell us that they can't get what we need. But we'll keep trying!

mettroll
5

greetings jc whittney has a lot of different seal types in there catolog a chev,dealer/body shop may be helpfull in selecting the right type out of the catolog. or call & talk to there staff.

metromate
0

Ain't this a great little car? I have a '92 that I have almost completely re-done, top to bottom, soup to nuts including some engine mod's to give it a bit more squeal at the top end. Only has 83k miles, always ran well. I am an ex-pat Brit that ralleyed a Cooper S so I have always had an eye for the small engined machines. I say it's a Geo thing - even I don't understand !........................... (apologies to Jeep, of course!)

Dan Bussiere
25

You should probably contact your nearest Suzuki dealership because they were the first to create that car as a Swift and they usually have good chances of finding the parts you need no matter how old they are.

cafedelmar
0

Try Rock Auto, they have all kinds of supplies for older cars. I have 2 1993 Metro Conv. one in Delaware and one in San Diego, California...What a great car!!!