97 Geo Prizm Power Steering Pump chronically noisy

gp97
0

Asked by gp97 Mar 22, 2014 at 08:02 PM about the 1997 Geo Prizm 4 Dr LSi Sedan

Is there any way to eliminate the low but chronic noise of the power steering pump on this car?  I have replaced the entire system but the pump still hums a little when driving and is noisy starting up on cold days.  The steering works fine.

Mark Grignon
6,155

Are you sure it's the power steering pump making the noise? I've seen bad bearings in belt tensioners that make noise. If you're sure its the power steering pump, there are many additives that you can purchase. Lucas makes a good product.

andrewleedy86
10

i have a 1994 geo prizm my powersteering hoses has a hole in it but i dont know how to take the top bolt off by the pump

andrewleedy86
10

it is my pressure line