I have a 97 geo metro 3 cylider front crank seal leaking

recce
0

Asked by recce Mar 09, 2011 at 08:46 PM about the 1997 Geo Metro 2 Dr STD Hatchback

I have a 97 geo metro 3 cylinder with a really bad front main seal leaking and would like to put this car back in service with gas going up up up!!!!! theres 200 thousand on the motor now so I dont really want to put a lot of effort into this old motor .Does anybody know if you can change that seal without pulling the motor???

prw431
55

Yes you can change the front seal without pulling the motor, I've done dozens. How much mechanical ability do you have ? Do you have a garage to work in? It is about the same procedure as changing the timing belt.