I want to tow a 25 foot 4000 lbs travel trailer withmy 2013 Santa Fe. Is that to long of a trailer to tow? Will it mess up my Santa Fe

louisacrystal
30

Asked by louisacrystal Dec 15, 2013 at 03:36 AM about the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS AWD

I want to tow a 25 foot 4000 lbs travel trailer withmy 2013 Santa Fe. Is that to long of a trailer to tow? Will it mess up my Santa Fe ?

zak3nn3dy
505

yes your towing capacity is 5,000 lbs. if it were mine would i tow that trailer? no definitely not if i didn't have to. the 2013 Santa Fe with its 290 hp v-6 is sluggish going up hills without even having a full vehicle of passengers. i feel Hyundai set the bar to high for them selves and feel that the Santa Fe will struggle with that trailer. But bottom line according to factory yes you can tow upto 5,000 lbs.

louisacrystal
30

I filed it up with full cargo. It tows like a champ! So happy that it worked out! I love my new keystone passport trailer and Santa fe! did a good job going up and down hills to. I did get breaks on the trailer and I also have an stabilization anti-sway hitch.

zak3nn3dy
505

great to hear :) im happy it tows well for you.