91 dodge dynasty turns over but won't start

Ashley Tasler
0

Asked by Ashley Dec 14, 2011 at 01:45 PM about the 1991 Dodge Dynasty 4 Dr STD Sedan

My 1991 Dodge dynasty tries to turn over but won't start! I have battery power, lights
all still work, just won't start! Is it my fuel pump or my alternator?? PLEASE HELP!!

Michael Alsup
0

The reason is the PCM (power control module) it is located on the drivers side right beside the battery. It's a computer piece that tells the injectors to allow fule or not allow. I had this problem and found a replacement at a salvage yard for 25 bucks. Two bolts hold it in and take about 2 minutes to replace.

tommcmanis
3,425

Was it running fine and quit? Does it sound normal when cranking? Ecm and distributor were common problems, dont go buy parts because you think that be the problem some light diagnostic work will make an affordable fix for both you and your pocket book