pix of fuse diagram for 89 lebaron convertible

waynestv
0

Asked by waynestv May 15, 2013 at 05:28 PM about the 1989 Chrysler Le Baron GTC Turbo Convertible

fuse 20  dead short on one side need diagram to see what is for

Craig Dunham
175

Easiest would be to check out your owner's manual for the car. Find out what that fuse is for. Another is to find out what is NOT working with the fuse being blown. Also, be sure that the fuse being used is the right amperage (AMP) for the job. If the spot calls for a 30 AMP fuse, use a 30 AMP fuse. The fuse is (basically) to keep the electrical system from shorting out. When you're using a particular item (the top, for example, or the radio or the lights or the _______") the power goes through the fuse. If the item being used calls for X Amps, then the fuse needs to be able to "carry" or process that many amps. For example, if the top needs 20 amps to work properly, then the fuse needs to be able to carry or process those 20 amps. Putting a smaller fuse in (10 amps) will cause the fuse to pop or "blow" on a regular basis. Also, it's not good to go "over" amperage in the fuse rating either. If the fuse needs to be 20 amp, do NOT use a 30 amp. Why? Because if there IS a short or a power surge, you could blow the item being used (like your stereo, your top motor, the AC system, whatever)....

You think this is helpful.
waynestv
0

pix of fuse diagram for 89 lebaron convertible do not have manual 20 amp fuse is not blown, dead short , starts and runs fine but if left sitting over night battery dies need to know what the fuse is for if fuse is taken out the short across the battery terminals goes higher in resistance

Craig Dunham
175

So, it's a 20 amp fuse that is blown, not a fuse in space #20...? OK. Does the radio need to be reprogrammed each time you pull out that fuse and the battery does not die...? Has any aftermarket equipment been added to the car (fog lamps, non- factory radio, whatever)...? Does the cigarette lighter work...? Is there a power seat...? Does it (and any of the other power equipment) work right...? Do the interior lights stay on when you close the doors and/or the trunk or the hood or the glove box...? A 20 amp fuse tends to cover a lot of equipment (like I've listed above) and it could be that something doesn't shut off properly or is hooked up incorrectly, rather than there being a short.