I have a 1983 z28 camaro how much should I list it for?

jab627fb
0

Asked by jab627fb Nov 03, 2013 at 09:53 PM about the 1983 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

The body, engine, and trans are all in great shape. Most issues are minor such as new tires, new paint, new gauges. Interior is a little dirty, but not torn or stained. Car has different engine then most. Its a 350 small block engine from a late 60's corvette. either 5.0 or 5.7 liter V8.

judge_roy

Nice car...if no evidence of a prior overheat as witnessed by overboil stains underhood, would indicate an overheat...this would be a principal concern seeing as the age and amount of miles...if the interior is leather or leatherette, can be cleaned easily with a little fantastic spray....mold stains can be easily removed with tilex...of course Windex will make it all sparkly fresh, but these areas pale in comparison to the health of the engine and drivetrain....tires are messed up...we've got to know what you've been doing with this thing...these cars tend to get abused...$2800 with service records and spares....if mechanically sound, would be my assessment~....with NO visible prior overheats~

judge_roy

You will not be able to pass smog with this older motor...DMV would ding ya in California for that~

Ronc258
2,570

Are you sure that it is a 350? Are you sure its a corvette engin? Does it have the 202 heads or the 196 heads? What trans 350 turbo or the 400 turbo or the 4 speed manual? and if it needs all the stuff you are listing on here I would say around $1500 to maybe $2000 or even less. Plus can you proff its a corvette engine?

Ronc258
2,570

Hey Roy would the late 60's corvette engine be the LT1?

jab627fb
0

It's a corvette engine for sure. I was told it's a 350 from a mechanic who did work on it. It's an automatic not manual. Not sure what trans either. I bought the car to simply flip. Not very knowledgable about cars. I do have a photo of under the hood if that would help?

68,815

Average retail is $4000, expect to get less.