I have a 1984 MB 190E. Starts well, runs OK, until I select rev or drive, then it misses badly. Can clear it by selecting neutral and giving it some gas. Cannot find any vacuum leaks. HELP.

wdoduct72
0

Asked by wdoduct72 Mar 31, 2014 at 06:58 PM about the 1984 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.3 Sedan

JRKPerformax
1,325

Sounds like it could be carbon blockage you could have a dirty throttle body. Clean it with Brake Cleaner and Rag. It also could be a weak fuel pump or clogged fuel filter. I would do a fuel pressure test and check it. I would replace the fuel filter first since it would be cheaper. Then, I would suspect the ignition. I would do a tune up or check the plugs and wires. If they are old I would replace them. Also, it could be a weak battery as well. I would put a load test on it. Even though it could start the engine it doesn't mean that it is weak. Make sure it is charging as well by putting a multimeter on it.