im about to buy one a Porsche too and I need advice its my first Porsche

Florencio Garcia
0

Asked by Florencio Oct 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM about the 1987 Porsche 944 S Hatchback

the car has been sitting for a couple of months, has power steering leak, dead battery, and the paint is fainted. buying it for $550.0. It will probably not start but im thinking in putting about 1G into it and will run, is that reasonable?

DavidH25

The KBB only goes back to 1992 and in 'fair' condition, which is probably not what that car is as you describe, lists for $4,900. Thats for a running 1992 remember.

DavidH25

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1987-Porsche-944- Hatchback-W0QQAdIdZ416306497............paste that in and you will see one for sale for $3,000...but hey my friend if you want it, it's worth what you are willing to pay, screw all the arbitrary numbers.

Andy Dickens
365

It's a Porsche, so its more worth the investment than most 1987 cars. Also they are pretty reliable and rugged, so probably find new fluids and battery will get it running. (Unless it is parked because it had mechanical problems.)

DavidH25

Ditto on Andy. Excellent answer there