Are they worth parting out?

Reric
0

Asked by Reric Mar 10, 2013 at 01:19 PM about the 1985 Porsche 944 STD Hatchback

A friend is giving his away and doesnt want to deal with it, I have lots of free time and love
things and was wondering if it would be worth parting out, adding in a $300 towing charge
as the only cost to me. That or how much work do you think it will need? It has an engine
rebuild with 53k on it now and ignition work done to it. Unsure of orginal mileage.

judge_roy

part it out? are you out of your mind? fix it...unless it's eaten away by salt, or already been parted...partially, in which case sounds good~ Once fixed, there are skads of buyers who will pay top $$!

45,725

If you have the time, it's worth working on

Racer_X
11,885

Hmm? if your friend is just giving it to you AND it already has a rebuilt engine and the ignition work...I'd have a mechanic give it a once-over and see what else may need fixing. Clutch repairs (if it's a stick) are ungodly expensive on this car. Fix it up and sell it ..maybe turn a decent profit..or keep it IF you have the $$$ for standard upkeep.

mrmoony
1,920

Time is money.

Porsche60
30

If you are mechanical fix it if you are not you would probably have trouble parting it out. If you got it for nothing and not looking to fix up to keep sell it as is.