troubleshooting

sesom
10

Asked by sesom Oct 21, 2012 at 01:13 PM about the 1993 BMW 8 Series 850ci

I am a new owner on a 1993 850 ci v12 and I don't know where tranny stick is to check can someone help me out?

Robert Charlson
2,935

Your vehicle does not have a transmission dipstick. Instead to check your fluid you will have to jack the vehicle up while keeping it level. start the vehicle and allow to warm until the transmission in aprox 50 degrees C. Then remove the fill plug on the transmission is fluid comes out then your full. Put make sure the vehicle is running while you check this. If a messy and a pain if not done on a hoist. Hope this helps.

sesom
10

Thank you very much.

sesom
10

While swapping out a Batterie a new Right batterie and I closed the trunk and I can't get it open even with key.no left batterie its out on the floor how do I open?

Robert Charlson
2,935

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php? t=410317 Heres a link of how to open a trunk if it fails this should work for your E31 as well. Let me know if it doesn't work.