Just purchased a 1987 Acura Legend V6L - I Love Acura.

Robinson Wigfall III
35

Asked by Robinson May 07, 2013 at 01:09 PM about the 1987 Acura Legend L

My first car years ago was an Acura Integra LS 1989. I immediately fell in discipline to
the Honda engines. I learned everything about the dynamics of Honda builds and
began to experiment with modifications. It was a two two, baby blue, with a sunroof
that worked when it wanted (I fixed it though). I brought the vehicle from 1989 into
1999, upgrading the originality of its lines by keeping everything stock looking, only
refurbished. Brand new interior (Blue), Trim & Paint (Same as Original Color), upraded
the rims to a 93 GSR Set, Tires, Brakes & Shoes, and put a B18 in it - VTECH. It ran
solid, basically through everything I went through it went through. - Upon my departure
to The Navy back in 01 - I left the car with my mother until I was able to return. I went
off to boot camp and she had sold my car without my knowledge. When I returned I
was told that it was used as mortgage payment and I was never to see any money, or
my car again .... BUT - She gave me her 1995 240SX. I drove it for a while and ended
up getting married (divorced LOL) bought a SUV as our family grew with my son. Well
... that ended my Honda search for a long while. So in 06 I moved from Cali to
Alabama (Long Story) - where emissions where non-existant, and found out not only
how cheap parts are, but how awesome the Integra is. My friend whom I moved with -
owned a couple Hondas - (We were from the same neighborhood and city growing up).
90 Hatchback & 94 Integra (My dreams). The Hatch we built turbo ready - but we were
just learning then. We ended up focusing on the Integra. I drove both of them as
commute cars - and driving to work was what got me ticket. Long story short - My
Honda days were my learning days and through these cars I learned all about cars. I
went into the Navy as a Diesel Mechanic - fixing all ranges, sizes, and capacity
equipment. My Honda days have returned with the purchase of a 1987 Acura Legend -
When I had my Integra - I would dream of this engine in my hands. It's in great shape -
just like most Hondas that lasted from good care. Standing at 186,000 the vehicle runs
like a champion. I plan to fully restore it back as I did the Integra, and now I'm looking
to purchase another 1989 Integra - just for old time's sake. My 1987 Acura Legend L -
a Honda for Living with.

Robinson Wigfall III
35

I'm aware of the engine function / specs - however there is a button on the dash located in the lower left area of the driver side console. It has three functions - Up illuminates a light in the console - Middle extinguishes the light - and Down illuminates two lights in the console ??? Can't find it on the manual - can someone tell me what this button is for ???

805MustangGT
110

Your crazy.....I can't believe I read that completely unnecessary story!!!