why does my air conditioner not work in my brand new Nissan Versa?

teresahelms1940
0

Asked by teresahelms1940 Jun 14, 2013 at 02:53 PM about the 2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV

I bought my brand new Nissan Versa (2013) one month ago.  It just started getting warm recently and discovered the air conditioner does not work.  I called the lot where I purchased my car.  They said that it probably had no freon or needed a charge.  I took my car in thinking this was going to be a simple quick fix.  After waiting 2 + hours I asked them about it.  I proceeded to enter the area where the mechanic was working on my car which was taken apart and told by the mechanic that he might need to remove my dashboard and probably would not get my car back until the next day.  I talked to the owner, the manager and was pissed.  I was sold this car that was broken in the first place, a car I am paying $435.00 a month for.  I believe I should get another car.  He told me I would have to pay   $5000 down.  I traded my Ford Escape in for the Nissan Versa.  I left there and have called the Nissan manufacturer who is supposed to call me back today.  Do I have a leg to stand on here?  Aren't I the customer and the one footing the bill for the car they sold me with a problem?

49,595

They are not going to give you a car. They are fixing the car you bought. New cars have a warranty and they are honoring their part of the contract that you signed. --- If the car is in the shop many times, you may be able to get a refund by using the Lemon Laws. Keep track of everything that happens.

Racer_X
12,705

Uh oh...Hate to be the one to tell you this, but the Nissan Versa seems to have reliability issues and scores low in terms of owner satisfaction according to Consumer Reports. (Also, how is it that you are paying $435.00/month when you factor in your trade-in AND that the car is in the $11k-$16k price range?). It's a shame you didn't get a used Nissan Sentra or used Ford Escape instead...for some reason, Nissan screwed up with the Versa (I'd seek out a Lemon Lawyer, If I were you). Anyway, here's the info. on the car from Consumer Reports: Highs: Fuel economy, rear seat, trunk. --- Lows: Agility, engine noise, front-seat comfort, fit and finish, reliability. --- Nissan's subcompact Versa sedan is disappointing, with a noisy and cheap interior. The car drones as it gathers speed, and the continuously variable transmission accentuates engine noise. Handling, though secure, lacks agility. The ride is compliant but jumpy. To its credit, the rear cabin is relatively roomy and fuel economy is commendable at 32 mpg overall. The redesigned hatchback, called the Versa Note, arrives this summer starting at $13,990. First-year reliability of the sedan has been well below average.

DavidH25

It's very important to do what tenspeed said..document everything. And Racer has a good question: $435 a month? That's fine if you financed it for 36 months..otherwise something is wrong in paradise here. If you have decent credit, should be paying about , oh, 5% to 6% interest. Tops. Real good credit 4%. I don't know what State you are in but California has some pretty good lemon laws. But to repeat, document everything. It could come to a point that you do get another car, or your money back, but you have to give them a chance to fix it first. I don't blame you for being pissed. If I bought a new car I sure would not want it ripped apart.