1994 Dodge Dakota won't start

jay01
0

Asked by jay01 Apr 05, 2010 at 08:59 AM about the 1994 Dodge Dakota 2 Dr WS Standard Cab LB

I have a "94 Dakota with a 3.9 that will not start.  The truck will not crank over at all.  I took the starter off and had it checked at the local automotive store and it worked fine.  I've changed out the ignition key-switch and still no luck.  When I turn the key, I get all of the buzzers and lights as normal and when I turn the key on over to crank, the clock on the radio dims just like it's trying to start but I get nothing else.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cris Stevens
35

Have you tried replacing the starter solenoid? My first car was a '94 Dakota 3.9:)