Hi i have a 98 740il bmw i replace the transmision and now wont start i replace the crankshaft sensor too its there a relay or reset buttton?

Germanluna95
0

Asked by Germanluna95 Mar 11, 2013 at 03:13 PM about the 1998 BMW 7 Series 740iL

68,005

I know of no reset, did you check all of your wiring, especially by the starter? Remove the crank position sensor, was it installed correctly? What are your symptoms, does the car crank at all, do you have clicking indicating a discharged battery?

Juan Martinez
5

It cranks but there is no power to the computer and the sparks plugs.and it sounds like the fuel pump is not getting fuel

68,005

So the fuel pump doesn't buzz/prime when you turn the key? Sounds like something isn't connected electrically. When you replaced the transmission did you disconnect the battery? I would start pulling fuses to see if any are blown.

Juan Martinez
5

ALL THE FUSES ARE GOOD AND NO I DIDNT DISCONNECT THE BATTERY I FORGOT do you think the computer needs to be reprogram again?

Chet Sawa
75

Dme problem. Trace power from fuse . Then check if u have the same voltage going to dme, .

Juan Martinez
5

IM GONE TRY IT THANK YOU