how do you adjust a clutch in a 1986 bronco 2?

riffraffrawks55515
0

Asked by riffraffrawks55515 May 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM about the 1986 Ford Bronco II STD

installed a clutch, p plate,and throw out bearing,but clutch still slips.is there an adjustment and if so where?

judge_roy

You need to thoroughly bleed the system have a heavy foot that can listen to the order "press the pedal" and also "release the pedal" while you are at the slave cylinder watching what squirts out of there....dollars to donuts there is some air in there~

18,105

The bronco 2 had a hydraulic clutch on them so the clutch is not adjustable, if the air is bled out of the system then the clutch should work properly, UNLESS someone down the years made an adjuster for the clutch rod at the slave cylinder then you have an adjustable clutch but it is not stock.

8,995

I've never had a hydraulic slave or master clutch cylinder make a new clutch slip. I suppose it's possible. I have installed a clutch disk backward and made a new one slip though