coolant leak

renfro
0

Asked by renfro Feb 20, 2013 at 10:27 PM about the 1996 Dodge Stratus 4 Dr ES Sedan

1996 dodge stratus 2.4L. Car ran hot, cut off on highway, out of anti freeze. Filled it, lasted about 50 miles and 3 days and anti freeze resevior was empty again. Can see  puddle under car. Shop says need new water pump and timing belt and etc,---thing is-- I just had new timing belt and water pump put in 6,000 miles ago ==at 104,000 miles as recommended in manual.   Options?--junk this car or fix it for 900 bucks---I have replaced everything on this piece of junk for years because I like the car and the way it drives and only paid $6,500 for it anyway since I bought it out from GE fleet lease when it was my company provided 2 year old car that only I had driven. But I' m thinking. I may now be pouring money down the drain fixing everything on this beast twice. Can this be anything but my **** water pump?

7jimmy7
9,685

im seeing lots bad results with part chain stores pumps,alts.starters ect.not suprised,lossen rad cap enough to not build pressure water will last longer if need to drive, just replace pump,shop for price sounds like no more than 400 dollar job