1988 nissan 300zx electrical problems.

Garrett_fishel96
0

Asked by Apr 10, 2013 at 06:04 PM about the 1988 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr GS 2+2

I have a 1988 nissan 300zx. While I was taking out the stock radio, I seemed to have messed a few things up. The
most important, to me anyways, is the digital dash. On the right hand side of the dash it keeps the miles I've driven.
(What I'm talking about it the miles that people reset after filling the gas tank) It had worked fine beforehand but now
it resets every time I shut the car off. I know to some people that's not a problem, but it's REALLY bothering me that
it's not working now. Another thing is the lights on the roof don't work anymore. That, I don't really care about
because I think it's just shorting somewhere. Also, my hazards no longer work, either. The buttons above and below
the hazard button work, just not the hazards. The last thing I noticed is the ac/heat piece about the radio no longer
displays anything nor do any of the bottoms work. So I can't even turn it on, which isn't too bad, but when it rains
and its hot, it gets hot as hell inside the car.
If anyone knows how to fix any, or all the problems listed, that would be GREAT!

77,455

Remove the radio again and repair the wiring you messed up.

Garrett_fishel96
0

The thing is, I don't know where or what I messed up.

Racer_X
21,355

Better have a mechanic you trust check it out then....

7jimmy7
16,035

best you can do is check all little fuses at L foot well, these digital displays wont stand a short out so well, and you don't want to know the price for ,if you could even find the tech to repair it. e bay replace is my route

Garrett_fishel96
0

The thing with the dash it that the tripometer works. Like it counts how many miles I've driven each car ride. It just won't save them. It will reset back to 0 every time I shut my car off. All the lights and such work, like I did that test thing where you press the 2 buttons at the same time and turn the ignition to the "ON" position. But it's just really annoying that it doesn't work.