I have a 2 month old 2013 Subaru Impreza wagon. Three weeks ago I contacted the service department to report that I could not get the key out of the accessory mode - intermittently happens. I brought it in, they ordered a new ignition switch, I went back for fix, was told new switch was defective. Now they say that they have the new switch, but are waiting for the locksmith to "key" it to my key (they have one of my keys). It's been two weeks. Is anyone familiar with what they are doing? Is this a plausible reason for the delay? And how long does it take a locksmith to "key" the new ignition switch? Many thanks to anyone who has a thought.

Monarchlady
0

Asked by Monarchlady May 17, 2013 at 12:09 PM about the 2013 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Premium Hatchback

14,245

my parts guy rebuilt a lock cylinder in about 10 minutes the other day for me. It was for a ford not a subaru but I doubt there is much difference.